Thursday, July 4, 2013

Chapter 3

He poured coffee into his cup and sat down at the table with his grandpa. It was only 5:25 am, Rihanna was still sleeping but he had always been a morning person and wanted to share a couple of minutes alone with his grandfather; just like old times. He stared down at the coffee and yawned.

"Are you tired?"

"Yeah Pop, I didn’t get much sleep last night" he had told Rihanna to move to another room, but she wanted to stay in that one and he couldn’t tell her his reasons so he had spend the whole night turning and tossing; images of Nicki’s perfect naked body, heavy breathing, messy hair and swollen lips invading his mind. He was sleeping in the same bed he had made love to her only a month ago. Images flooded back to his mind and he groaned. His grandfather chuckled causing him to look up.

"Is not as easy as you thought it was going to be, right?" he knew exactly what he was referring to.

"No, it’s not and Rihanna not wanting to leave the room made it impossible"

"I don’t want to know why you wanted to leave THAT room" his grandfather said with a knowing smile “What’s the deal with this girl?"

"Rihanna?" he saw his grandpa nod “She’s just a friend"

"Oh come on Drake! Be honest with me. Did you slept with her?"
He stared at his grandfather in amusement, he was such a cool old man, so confident and laid back.

"Yes I did"

"Then she’s not your ‘friend’, she’s more than that"

"No Pop, she’s just a friend. I mean yeah I slept with her but it’s nothing serious and we both are ok with that. Plus you know there’s only one girl for me" he looked down

"Have you even talked to her?" Drake shook his head no “Why not?"

"Because it hurts, as simple as that. I made a choice, I chose not to tell her the truth and let her be happy with another man. A man that was easy to love, without all the complications that I represented for her. That was my decision and now I have to accept the consequences"

"She misses you. Your grandma talked to her a couple of days ago and she asked if we knew how you were doing, she also said she has been trying to communicate with you but you don’t answer her phone calls"

"I don’t know if I’ll ever be ready for that"

"You know how I feel about this Drake, ever since I found you guys kissing that day" Drake smiled at the memory. Nicki and him were goofing around the house, eventually jumping in the pool fully clothed. Drake had gotten a little carried away and placed a soft kiss on her lips, he saw their grandfather leaving the pool area and he knew he had seen them. Surprisingly he wasn’t mad at them. It was their little secret and not even Nicki knew it.

He saw his grandfather smiling, it wasn’t long till he figured out why.

"Grandpaaaaa where are yooou?" he heard the familiar sweet female voice and he felt his mouth go dry.

"Drake I want you both to fix this" he whispered before yelling “I’m in the kitchen Nicks"

Before he could even protest the kitchen door flew open revealing a too gorgeous girl wearing tight jeans that hugged her curves perfectly, a simple white t-shirt and kicks.

She just stood there looking at him dumbfounded, he was mirroring her expression. What was he doing here? This was not part of the plan. It took her a while to acknowledge her grandfather’s presence. Forcing herself to look away from Drake she gave her grandpa a sweet kiss on the cheek.

"Aww baby girl! Look at you! You look stunning!" he chuckled and Drake cleared his throat “I can’t believe you are already here, especially this early." Nicki rolled her eyes playfully at her grandpa’s sarcastic comment.

"Thanks Grandpa, you look pretty great yourself!" they both laughed but Drake just stood there looking at her without saying anything. She looked at him and smiled before wrapping her arms tightly around his neck. He wrapped his around her waist and buried his face on her hair taking in its particular scent. She slowly pulled back to look at him. He could see all the emotions reflected on her eyes but he wasn’t going to let himself get lost in her again, especially not now.

"Where’s your husband?" his tone was bitter and he immediately regretted asking her when he felt his grandfather’s elbow connect with his ribs.

"He’s not coming, something came up at work." she looked at her grandpa “He told me to excuse him, he’ll try to be here Friday to spend the weekend with us"

"It’s ok. I’m going to wake up Lucy, she’ll be mad if I don’t tell her her grandaugther arrived." he left the kitchen leaving them alone.

Silence. Painful silence.

"I guess it’s only you and me, like it used to be." she played with the hem of her shirt, not looking up.

"How have you been?"

"Now you care? I’ve text you a thousand times Aubrey and not even once you replied" her voice was surprisingly calm and she was still looking at her hands “Why? Where you too busy for me?" she looked up and their eyes met.

"I-"

The door opened and Rihanna stepped in “Drake, did you make coffee?"

Nicki looked back and stared at the red head before turning to look at Aubrey with a hurt expression “Oh, you were too busy" before he could reply she ran out of the kitchen.

Oh shit.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

She looked at the white and pink wall of ‘her’ room, the one she always stayed in when she visited her grandparents. She used to love that room, especially since it was next to Drake’s. Sitting down on the bed she felt the tears gathering up in her eyes but she pushed them back. It was pointless to cry, it was not going to solve anything. She had no right to be mad at him for having someone in his life, after all she was the one who was married; but deep down she had hoped for him to be alone, waiting for her, as selfish as that may sound.

The door opened to reveal a tall, curly haired man, Drake.

"Nicki, are you ok?" he looked concerned.

"I’m fine" she snapped.

He sighed and sat down next to her, but she kept her eyes fixed on the ground. He looked down at her hands, not wanting to look at her too much, memories were still too fresh.

"Nika, I’m… I’m sorry" he placed his hands on top of hers.

"Why didn’t you called me Aubrey? It wasn’t that hard. You promised you would try to be my friend but you aren’t even trying, you just stopped talking to me." he saw the tears and saw her trying hard to push them away.

"I thought you needed time away from me Nic, you just got married and maybe you wanted some alone time with your husband" it was the most pathetic excuse but it was all he could think of. She looked at him with disbelieving eyes.

"Did you slept with her?" she looked straight into his eyes.

Her question caught him off guard. He couldn’t lie to her, but he also knew how much the true was going to hurt. “I don’t think that’s any of your business"

She scoffed loudly before standing up “Just answer the damn question Drake. It’s simple… Yes or no"

"Yes" he saw the pain go through her face and instead of feeling sorry for her, he got mad. He stood up and grabbed her arm bringing her closer to him. “You can’t do this Onika, you don’t get to harpoon me for sleeping with somebody when you are married and you are clearly sleeping with him."

"Get out" she said getting away from him.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me Drake, get the fuck out of my room. I’m tired, it’s early and I want to sleep. I’m not going to stand here and hear you say the most stupid things to excuse yourself"

"Have I said anything that is not true!? You are married Nicki!"

"I did what you told me to do Drake!" her voice was starting to break “You left, you broke up what we had, you told me to find someone else! You were the one who stopped caring about me!"

”Nicki, stop! You know that’s not true! You know every single thing I did, I did it for your own good! What we were doing was wrong and we both knew it. You have no fucking idea how much it hurt letting you go then, you have not idea how much it still hurts now!"

She stared at him, both looking into each other eyes, taking in the hurt.

"Where are you and her sleeping?"

"What does that has to do with us?" he was clearly confused

"Answer"

"At my old room" as soon as the words left his mouth he understood her reason for asking; that was not only his old room, it was their room. The one that held all of their memories.

A tear rolled down her face and when she spoke again he wished he could take it all back

"Get out….now"

No comments:

Post a Comment